Who doesn’t love a weekend away? A few days to unwind and forget the mundane chores at home and in my case, the bathroom that needs a paint job! Excitement rises as I think of the breakfast bar but then mild panic sets in at the thought of packing and getting it right.
As a family we have made some real clangers at Check In and even later when reaching security. On one occasion, as a toddler, my daughter had decided to slip in my hefty cutting scissors into her own little case, causing a bit of a stir and loss of my trusty tool, so I now try and be far more organised.
How to pack
I know it’s obvious, but remember the maximum 100ml liquid rule too, inside one small plastic bag per person to avoid dumping new products, which is never a great start to a holiday. (I’ve done it!)
What to pack
A few creative layers that I found on Pinterest, for day to evening.
A few little tips to finish off with:
* The simple sock can be used to ‘bag up’ cables and adaptors.
* Fill shoes with rolled socks/ underwear and use to protect sunglasses.
* Avoid easy creasing fabrics that will need ironing on arrival.
* Add your contact details, visible inside the bag and tagged outside.
* Wear larger items like ankle boots or trainers and pack the slip-ons.
* If in doubt, double-wrap your toiletries to avoid a mess on arrival.
* A cotton bag is useful for storing ‘to be washed on return’ items.
* Remember, to reduce your make- up bag, take out Christmas sparkles.
* Keep your medicines in a separate easy to reach plastic bag.
* Try and leave a little breathing space for purchases made.
“If you would like some help packing for a romantic weekend or longer summer break, I offer a Perfect Packing session to take your stress away. I will photograph your outfits and make sure you only pack what you need so you can concentrate on enjoying your holiday.” Email me for details, email@example.com